Tuesday, January 19, 2016

.today, i decided not to care.

Today, like every other glorious day, I took my kids to the beach. As I sunscreened their already sun-kissed cheeks, I prepare to sunscreen myself. All the other mums at the beach are toned and fabulous; I feel a little less fabulous because I wobble when I walk. 

But today, I decided not to care.

I flung my dress off with sass (and frustration because I had to get in the water and rescue the surf board).

Today, I decided to play and run with my children instead of self consciously sitting like a potato on my towel. Today, I swam in the water and frolicked on the sand like a lively potato.

Today, I decided that I am strong, not skinny; and I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise. I have moved up to 'men's weights' at the gym and I have never felt so fucking great. I have 'mum-boobs' but to my kids, they're just boobs, boobies, tits. They know no different and if I teach them it doesn't matter, they'll learn to love themselves quicker than I ever did. I am imperfect but I am perfect to my kids. 

I grew and carried 3 children inside my body; my strong, stretched, marked, fucking fabulous body. And I am proud. My stretch marks show the brutal strain my body took and I am strong because I survived. Mentally and physically. 

Today, I decided not to care about my weight but rather how I feel as a Mum, as a Wife and as a person. And I feel fucking fabulous. So I will remain fabulous. 

Today, I decided not to care about the washing piled floor to ceiling in my living room. I decided to play with my kids at the beach for 4 hours then came home and played barbie dolls while my girls laughed at the voices I gave the barbies. 

Today, I decided that I am happy and can remain happy, because my children are healthy, I am healthy (and fucking fabulous) and my family and friends are all I need.

Today, I gave less fucks..... And I enjoyed myself 


No comments:

Post a Comment