Monday, June 1, 2015

.alone time.

I love my kids, I really do. But sometimes I just want to shit in peace; no crowd, no commentators and NO ONE sitting on my lap. We all know that never happens so as Mums, we need to make it happen. 

I hide in my kitchen majority of the time but hiding just isn't enough, they find me within 3 minutes. I need some alone time, I need some quiet, and sometimes I just need to escape. 

So I begged my husband to sign me up at the gym. He said 'no, too expensive, I make the rules because I am man' - something along those lines. So I intentionally put on weight....

He signed me up. He didn't want a fatty, fat, fat wife.



And I love it! I throw the kids at the crèche and yell a quick 'good luck' to the poor ladies looking after them, and I lift weights and squat.

 You know what the best part about the gym is? I get to go to the loo on my own. I probably go to the toilet 3 times per visit, not because I have to go but because I just love being able to take a piss without a child pulling on my clothing.

I also play netball at night time. Sometimes I'll jump at the chance to fill in for another team so I can have an extra 45 minutes away from my children. 

I am a much a better person/mother/wife when I get a break from my asshole kids. I love them and would do ANYTHING for them but let's face it, sometimes they're horrible and I want to build a blanket fort and run away from them.

Getting away from my kids keeps me semi-sane. That and wine (obviously).

Nothing can prepare you for how little alone time you'll have when you become a mum. It's hard to deal with at first but as time goes on, you'll start to become yourself again.

You, me + 3




No comments:

Post a Comment