Friday, June 19, 2015

.you are beautiful - be yourself.

I love myself and I am not ashamed. I am different and usually not 'on trend', I am not a size 6 anymore nor do my boobs perk like they used to. I don't have a model face nor a model body but I love the body that birthed 3 children. 

^^ I'll take a silly selfie over a sexy one, any day.


And you know what helped me love myself? Having children - especially girls. They look up to me in a way that no one ever will. I never stand in front of a mirror and express how 'fat' or 'hideous' I look. I loudly state 'I look great today'! And that is what my kids need to see. Confidence. If I love how I feel in my outfit, then who gives a flying fuck what others think? What's it to them anyway? They don't care about my oatmeal belly.... 

And the compliments we pay each other in our house, are endless. I tell my kids ALL the time how beautiful their spirit is, how amazing their mind is and how wonderful they look. When my husband tells me 'your tits look great in that top' I know it's the best I'll get, so I take it. And when my kids tell me that I am the most beautiful person they've ever seen, I believe them. 

When I stand on the scales, I look down and proudly say 'yay' at the weight I am. They all love taking turns weighing themselves and WE ALL CHEER! 

Mums - Don't be so hard on yourself! You grew a human - A HUMAN BEING inside of your body and even though they  can be assholes, I know they are eternally grateful. They look up to you in a way that no one ever will.
She loves me here because I gave her ice cream 

I know the way I look is not everyone's cup of tea, but who cares. I get comments on the way I look, not always positive, but who cares. I like the way I look and fuck I rock an undercut, because I'm finally confident enough to rock it. I've wanted one for ages... 

With the access to social media these days, I'm terrified of what it will be like when my kids are teens. I love teaching my kids that it's ok to be unique. It's more than ok, it's fucking awesome! 
I am my own unique person and I enjoy life.... 

Be an amazing influence for your children. People may not be kind, but shake it off. Haters gonna hate.

^^^^ me: age 14: and no, I have not changed. 

#loveyourself 

You, me + 3

No comments:

Post a Comment