Tuesday, June 30, 2015

.confessions of a stay at home mum - part 2.

Before I had children of my own, I would hear stories about Mother's, just up and leaving their families. I would think 'what kind of horrible bitch would even contemplate leaving their children?' 

Me. 
I would.

Confessions of a stay at home Mum - part 2

• Sometimes, I envy working Mums.

And you know what? They probably envy me. Grass isn't always greener girls, we just have to remember to WATER OUR OWN GRASS! Kids are hard work, need constant attention and are hungry ALL THE TIME.... But I long for the day I get to finish my hot coffee before my son throws it on the floor.

• Sometimes, I think about packing a bag and just leaving (not forever, just for a week..... Or 7)

We have no family living close by, none even in our state! I wish I could drop the kids off so I can have a break, but I can't. And usually I'm ok with that..... Usually. 
Just every now and then, I'm jealous of people who have help.

• Sometimes, I drive around aimlessly for an hour, just so my son goes to sleep.

He is trying so hard to drop his day sleep. Fuck that!




• Sometimes, I nap instead of doing housework.

Then say that I've been sooooo busy all day. 

• Sometimes, I feel like I'm getting dumber.

I'm smart. I know stuff. Since my daughter has started school, I notice I'm smarter than I realise. But I don't use my brain for anything more than where to keep baby wipes or how many dishes I've done today. I like to be challenged.

• Sometimes, I tell my kids to shut up

Ok, I'm not proud of this one but it has happened on more than one occasion - aka today, in the car.

• Sometimes, at night, I leave the kitchen looking like a dogs breakfast because I get lazy when I drink too much wine.

I wish I could tell you this was a one off thing. No..... Actually, I wish that my husband would clean up.... 

• Sometimes, I ignore the kids when they're naughty.

Don't lie! You've all done it. I've seen a trillion mums do this. No one wants to deal with their asshole child. In fact, no one wants to even admit they are the parent of said asshole child.

• Sometimes, I tell my kids I have a virus when in actual fact, I'm hungover.

I have no words.


Latest hangover ^^^ after this night.

• Sometimes, I can drink a whole bottle of red and not feel the slightest bit hungover the next day.

Ok, I'm both proud and concerned, all in one go.

• Sometimes, I remember to chill the fuck out.

And I should do this way more often...

At the end of the day, I'm not perfect - none of us are. We're all a bunch of mums going through the same shit, at different stages of our lives.

Be kind

You, me + 3




No comments:

Post a Comment