Sunday, April 19, 2015

.haters gonna hate.

This post stems from some bullying in my own life; none of it bad, but enough for me to notice and want to write about it.

Back when I was in school, I was bullied. It wasn't horrendous but I remember being afraid to attend the classes she was in. I'm lucky that I have thick skin (thicker since having kids) and I don't get offended easily. I'm also lucky that I was bullied so I can look out for the signs my kids show if they ever get bullied - I'd honestly like to see someone try.

There's a saying that I'm sure everyone is familiar with - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Utter bullshit! Obviously I never go out of my way to intentionally hurt someone's feelings but I am a firm believer in having my own opinion. Never about how someone should live their life, that has nothing to do with me, but I think it's an amazing thing to have different opinions, to discuss them and to still get along as a human race.

I've been blasted on social media a few times for having a different opinion. I was never rude or mean in my comments but it was often turned back around to say that I was in fact the one bullying. Again, utter bullshit! For example: Ashy Bines and Instagram. I followed the 'fitness guru' on all forms of social media, I even bought her plan when I was desperate to lose baby weight - worst decision. 

She had a post up on insta a while ago along the lines of 'if you hate your life, you can change it. I too used to work a 60+ hour week and was not fulfilled with life. You can quit your dead end job and do what you love. You have the power to change your life, bla bla bla I shit rainbows' ok I made that last bit up but you get the gist of it. 

My response: I'm not sure I agree. If my husband stops working so he could surf everyday (because that's what he loves doing), myself and our 3 kids would be homeless. I appreciate what you're trying to say but I don't agree'

Short story is that a whole lot of girls agreed with me but Ashy blocked me. HA! No loss there really.

I spent most of my life not standing up for what I believe in because I was too scared for being crucified along the way. We are not an army who have to all live the same way, we're different and we should have different opinions; it makes us who we are as a human being. I love getting tattoos and piercings and it does not affect anyone else so why should they care? 

And I will teach my kids to have their own opinion, even if it means being different! 

Being different rocks!!
 
Yes my son is in a dress. You know why? Because he wanted to wear it and he is happy because he looks up to his big sisters. And that makes me proud! Fuck the haters.


Peace and love to all.

You, me + 3

No comments:

Post a Comment