Tuesday, April 28, 2015

.mother's day.


Isn't it funny? The one day that we celebrate being a Mum is the one day that we want a break from being one...!? 

You know what I want for Mother's Day? Some peace and fucking quiet! That's what I want... 
I would also love a new pair of uggs, a crate (or 10) of red wine, a fire place and a king size bed ALL TO MYSELF!!! 

This was 5:30am the other morning^^

I am very lucky that I have an amazing husband who brings me coffee every morning (I know he's actually escaping the mad house but I don't care, I get coffee).

Dads of the world, here is a very important message: Give her the whole day off for Mother's DayNo Mum or housewife duties AT ALL... ALL MOTHER FUCKING DAY....

We don't need anything fancy. I mean, I wouldn't say no to diamonds but what I would cherish most is to be able drink a hot coffee, in a cafe, sans children.

As Mums, we do so much for our families. We work so hard but our payment is love. I'm all for it but love don't buy me shoes. Being a Mum is both the most rewarding and the most draining 'job' I have ever encountered.
And trust me when I say draining, I've worked in a call centre.

We want to feel loved and needed but at the same time we want peace and quiet. I blame hormones - they are the ones that make us bat shit crazy. I can't wait for menopause - no more periods, which means no more hormone bullshit! 

My point being: we need a break. We work hard but we don't get to play hard. And by play hard, I mean sit on the couch, all day, under a blanket, with a block of chocolate and an endless supply of coffee (or wine) and watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians, WITHOUT judgement or interruption. God, that sounds like bliss...



Peace and love to all

You, me + 3


Side note: I know menopause will suck, it's the no period thing that I'm looking forward to... I'm just trying to be positive.





No comments:

Post a Comment