Wednesday, April 15, 2015

.school holidays suck.

I can not wait until my kids are old enough to visit family in America on their own. I think I'll ship them off every school holidays. 

I have 3 kids on my own a lot and I know my limitations on places I can go. I mean, I'd love to hang at home every day; we're safe, there's food and coffee (and heaps of wine) but I understand that kids have to get out and play. But I have been on that many fucking play dates these holidays that I have stopped liking people all together. On Monday we had 4 play dates! FOUR !!! I was close to Britney's 2007 meltdown, it was that exhausting.

One of Mondays many play dates ^^ 

I'm play dated out. I hadn't been home to vacuum my house for over a week!! (Ok that's not a huge shock, sometimes I just don't want to vacuum for 2 weeks)

I finally vacuumed yesterday and it was glorious. How long do you think it stayed clean for?


Yes, that is a whole tray of bunny litter emptied onto my floor not even 2 hours after a vacuum. I am honestly so used to these things happening now that I wasn't even mad.

I was then having a play date with my besties about 4 hours after the litter incident. While the kids were playing, we watched on in horror as my son pushed my hand bag down her hill, spilling tampons and Karen Walker sunnies everywhere. I went down the hill to retrieve my belongings, guarded with my trusty broom to ward off spiders and there were a fucktone of spiders (I should probably check my undies for ticks too). This was after I called him an asshole, to his face this time - oops. I would have gotten a photo of it too but I was too busy trying not to die. 

I was then lucky enough to clean cottage cheese off my stairs, walls and baby gate, that same day. Such a good day.

So far these holidays: Koa has had about 573 near death experiences (giving me as many grey hairs) and given the bunny about 63 heart attacks. We've had a million play dates, including one starting at 5:30 PM!!! 


My husband has worked late more days than I can count and I have eaten more pizza and drunk more wine than I care to disclose. It's all worth it though, we're kicking some serious debt butt and I have never been more proud of my husband! And just quietly, I'm so jealous that he gets home at 8:30pm and misses the shit fight to get kids to bed.

My standard of what 'clean' is, has gone out the window and junk food is my best friend at the moment (after wine of course). Happy hour is slowly moving back from 5pm to 4pm. I even cracked a bottle at 3:30pm the other day. To be fair though, daylight savings just finished so it was really 4:30pm. #winning 


All in all though, my kids have a great fucking time and that is what matters. I know my time with them is precious and I love every minute of it.


Peace and love to everyone.

You, me + 3





No comments:

Post a Comment